Sunday, December 25, 2011

Gitanjali

        I know not how thou singest, my master! I ever listen in silent amazement
        The light of thy music illumines the world. The life breath of thy music runs from sky to sky. The holy stream of thy music breaks through stony obstacles and rushes on.
        My heart longs to join thy song, but vainly struggles for a voice. I would speak, but speech breaks not into song, and I cry out baffled. Ah, thou hast made my heart captive in the endless meshes of thy music, my master!

--RABINDRANATH TAGORE 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely words!

    Love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ye...you are right...
    these words have got light that can enlighten us.
    thanks for visiting as well as leaving a comment.
    please do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful words. We celebrated the 100th anniversary of the composition of our National anthem written by Rabindranath Tagore on 27th December 1911. :)
    Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment.
    You have a nice and neat blog,am following you :D
    swarnalidreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep am a literature student,how do you know??

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to know that.
    thanks for following:)
    hope u will leave comments too
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  6. just from your blog,i understood:P
    even your blog name has got a sense of literature

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha...thats a li'l spooky actually :P
    I didn't realise that my blog sounded anything close to "literature"..I just ramble away anything that comes to my head.. :D
    Its really funny hoe people from literature(I mean students & all) find their kind so easily,don't you think so..??
    Yep I sure will visit & leave comments..hope you do the same..

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right...there is a magnetism when we come across a blog that has literariness in its soul(if it has)

    i shall visit blog for sure...tc
    hope you had a wonderful new year celebration.

    ReplyDelete